LADO's Mission Statement
- To promote Islam among the Latino community within the United States by becoming better-educated Muslims and by working with like-minded Muslims.
LADO's mission will be accomplished:
- By providing assistance and guidance to anyone interested in Islam, particularly Latinos.
- By providing English, Spanish, and Portuguese Islamic literature, such as books, brochures, and audio/videotapes.
- By developing publications of interest to the Latino Muslim community, such as an online newsletter.
- By maintaining a presence on Facebook to share ideas, news, upcoming events, and progress with Latino Muslims around the United States.
- By educating Americans about the beauty of Islam, the growing Latino Muslim presence, and the legacy of Islam in Spain and the Americas.
- By delivering presentations at mosques, high schools, colleges, prisons, churches, and at various organizations, and by writing articles and editorials and assisting the media as needed.
- By creating classes to teach the fundamentals of Islam, the Muslim prayer, Arabic, and various Islamic sciences.
- By studying Islamic books, pamphlets, audio/videotapes, online resources, and by attending lectures and classes.
- By encouraging Latino Muslims to organize within their local communities for dawah purposes.
- By assisting and building alliances with local and national Muslim organizations, emphasizing local community action.
LADO's mission is based on the following guiding principles:
- Muslims uphold and bear witness that there is nothing
worthy of worship except Allah, who is referred to as
God in English and Dios in Spanish, and we bear
witness that Muhammad is His Last Prophet and
Messenger with whom He is well pleased.
- We believe strongly in the Oneness and Uniqueness of
Allah who is the Sole Creator and Sustainer of the
cosmos, humankind, and everything that is hidden and
- We agree that Salvation is gained with the grace of
Allah, through and by, the five Daily Prayers, the
Fasting, the Dutiful Charity, and the Pilgrimage.
- We declare without doubt that Allah created the Angels
from pure light. He also sent honorable Messengers
with Divine Books in order to give guidance and
warning of the Day of Judgment. We believe in Divine
Decree, which is the knowledge and consequence of
Allah over His creation.
- We believe that Prophet Muhammad is the best Example
of the Muslim character: sincere, truthful,
courageous, wise, patient, forgiving, compassionate,
humble, respectful, generous, grateful, and
A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. Whoever fulfills the Needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs. None will have Faith until he wishes for his brother what he likes for himself.
- Our Goal in this world is to obtain Perfection In
Worship, such that we worship Allah as if we see Him,
and although we cannot see Him, we undoubtedly believe
He is constantly watching over us.
We ask Allah for a firm Foundation in Faith, that He
seals our lives with it, and that He protects and
preserves us from deviation as we seek to Call others
to the proper Understanding of our Creator's religion.
"Let there arise out of you a group designed to carry
out Allah's order in inviting people to what is good, enjoining what is
right and forbidding what is wrong. And it is they who are The
Successful." - Qur'an 3:104.